Catfoss Recruitment Ltd are currently in partnership with a leading engineering business that has been established for over half a century providing mechanical handling solutions to many industries across the globe.
They are looking to recruit a Draughtsperson on a permanent basis to their expanding team.
Purpose of Job: To provide 2D and 3D draughting services of company product using SolidWorks 3D design software.
Draughting / Design Activities
* Ensuring drawing quality, continuity and that relevant directives are followed.
* Produce detailed manufacturing drawings of company systems, products and layouts from 3D models (SolidWorks).
* Fabrication Drawings (Steel Fabrications)
* Assembly drawings including BOM's (Bill of Materials)
* Support the production of technical specifications.
* Creating and managing BOM's (Bill of Materials) within company ERP system (Jobscope).
* Ensure drawings / parts database are always up to date with current revisions.
* Develop and maintain standard drawings to support the company's objective by maximising the number of standard products offered and manufactured.
* Work closely with the manufacturing department, Engineers and Sales team to ensure designed products meet the requirements of the business.
* Be hands-on and proactive.
Draughtsperson - Administration
* Creation and issuing of BOM's, issuing of drawings and production of drawings required.
* Ensure that documentation is appropriately filed, and that the company's position is protected at all times.
* Continuous development of filing system for all standard products, so that information is easily accessible by others within the company.
* Ensure that all company procedures including those set out in the quality assurance manual and working procedures are adhered to at all times and improved, as necessary.
* To observe at all times the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to maintain safe and clean working areas.
* To carry out any other duties within the job holder's capability, including transferring to other work, as and when required.
Draughtsperson - Identified Skills
* Creative and innovative.
* Effective organisational skills.
* Flexible and dependable.
* Good team player.
* Able to efficiently communicate both written and oral.
Draughtsperson - Qualifications & Experience
* Experience as a Draughtsman/ Design Engineer within a similar industry.
* Steelwork / Sheetmetal fabrication background and experience.
* HNC or equivalent within mechanical / manufacturing engineering subject.
* Good I.T skills.
* SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
Salary: £30-35K DOE
Please apply ASAP
Draughtsperson previous suitable job titles: Design Technician, Design Engineer, Design Draughts, Design Draughtsperson, Draughtsman, Mechanical Design Technician, Mechanical Design Engineer, Draughts Person
Due to current high volumes of applications to our advertised jobs, we are unable to respond to every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible.