Advancing People have the pleasure of assisting their Bedford based client in recruiting an Accounts Administrator to assist their Cashier team. This is a 6 month full time contract.
Role Purpose The Cashier function is responsible for the management and control of all commercial bank accounts across the Group.
* Banks and allocates incoming cash and cheques
* Processes cheque and electronic payments for all Group company bank accounts
* Processes inter-group cash transfer requests for all Group company bank accounts
* Reviews and arranges authorisation of correctly processed payment requests
* Processing of entries onto Group company Accounting and Banking systems
* Reconciles and maintain all bank and system records
* Processes IBA credit card payments
* Deals with accounts queries promptly and efficiently
* Keeps informed of all regulatory and legal changes which impacts on the job role
* Ensures up to date records are maintained at all times on the Company systems
* Responds appropriately to urgent issues as they arise
Policy, Process and Procedures:
* Interprets instructions and issues arising, and then implement actions according to policies and procedures, in particular CASS (Client Asset Sourcebook) rules
People Management/Personal Development:
The jobholder has no direct reports.
* Actively undertakes personal development to ensure up to date knowledge and understanding of best practice
* Remains aware of external, industry, legal and regulatory developments etc to ensure practice and outputs are of a sufficiently high standard
* Keeps informed of all legal and regulatory developments relevant to the Operating Entity/Group
* Attention to detail with ability to produce accurate documentation and to file documents appropriately
* Ability to work effectively within a team
* Prioritisation and organisational skills - able to work to deadlines and is willing to be flexible with regards to working hours, if required
* Competent IT skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external stakeholders
Advancing People - The Recruitment Specialist
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.