* A good degree in a numerical discipline, for example: math's, physics, actuarial science or finance.
* Proven experience of actuarial programming experience.
* Open to a part/nearly qualified actuary.
* Significant experience with object oriented design & development, C++ required.
* Expert in development tools such as Visual Studio.
* Strong analytical & technical skills - excellent research capabilities.
* Good communications skills.
* Ability to lead a stream, focusing on the function rather than line management.
* Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and not technical audiences.
Fantastic opportunity for a part/nearly qualified Actuary to join a dynamic, global organisation in an Actuarial Programmer role.
Please note, our client has offices UK wide and therefore this position can be based remote, all UK locations will be considered.
The Actuarial Programmer will work closely with other actuaries and actuarial programmers and will collaborate with client support, system design and marketing professionals. You will design and implement new features for the software and solve actuarial issues posed by clients. At this level, the Actuarial Programmers are working on intermediate to complex code and designing module specific features.
* Interpret business requirements for features related to bespoke software modules.
* Provide feedback on client requirements from a technical perspective.
* Analyze and implement solutions and program new features in bespoke software.
* Design and implement various features that have wide implication and scope.
* Investigate and find the root cause for bugs reported by clients.
* Provide client support for end users.
* Ensure compliance with coding standards.
* Review code of less senior team members, provide guidance from a technical perspective.
If you have a strong background in programming and you're thinking of exploring the market right now then this is an opportunity not to be missed; to hear more about this position then please forward your CV to include relevant experience along with your contact details.