Location: Hybrid working- Bristol/Salisbury/Basingstoke - minimum 2 days per week office time
£30,000 - £40,000 per annum + Study support if wanted
Company client recently partnered with one of the industry's leading providers of business process services for the Life and Pensions industry. We are recruiting an Actuarial Technician to sit within the technical centre team. Our client is at the forefront of the Life and Pensions insurance industry and works with the majority of other key companies in the market. This is a fantastic opportunity for an actuary who is either a graduate or has 1-2 years experience and is looking for scope to progress early on their career.
You will be joining an inclusive team that offers flexibility, hybrid working and a great working culture. As part of your day to day in your role, you will:
* Support mainframe migrations and changes, in particular specifying the calculations to be migrated to new systems.
* Ensure policy administration illustration systems are updated as necessary.
* Provide actuarial support to business projects (e.g. impact of Retail Distribution Review, Gender neutral, Auto Enrolment) including defining and signing off (where appropriate and up to certain limits) calculation requirements and testing.
* Provide actuarial expertise and sign-off for administration system or customer service related escalations - provide product expertise, sign off bases to be used to determine customer redress, resolve issues and queries that arise.
* Provide actuarial expertise and sign-off for one-off corrections that arise within Customer Services.
* Sign off technical and calculations aspects of customer communications - for example, annual statements, member illustrations.
This role does not require you to study the actuarial exams if you don't want to, although study support is available if you do.
To be considered you will need; a minimum of an upper second class (2:1) in a numerical/mathematics degree, have excellent analytical ability and communication skills.
*There will be no Visa sponsorship for this role*