£150 - £220 per day
Company client is seeking a meticulous and detail-oriented AML Analyst with a strong background in data analysis to support our efforts in sanction screening, PEP screening, adverse media detection, and transaction monitoring. The ideal candidate will possess AML expertise with a primary focus on regulatory compliance and risk assessment, complemented by a secondary proficiency in data analysis.
What you'll do:
* Conduct comprehensive sanction, PEP, and adverse media screening using established protocols and tools.
* Transaction Monitoring: Monitor and analyse customer transactions to detect unusual or suspicious activities in accordance with AML regulations.
* Utilise various data analysis techniques to assess patterns, trends, and anomalies in financial data.
* Generate reports and recommendations based on analysis and investigation outcomes.
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and enhance AML procedures and compliance strategies.
* Compliance Best Practices: Ensure that AML best practices are observed and advocate for a culture of continuous improvement within the team.
* Conduct Customer Due Diligence background investigations in adherence with fraud risk policy and compliance
* Effective Communication: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Sales, Front Office, and Compliance, to facilitate efficient AML of business clients and provide guidance on AML
* Documentation and Escalation: Accurately record all relevant information in our systems, promptly identify and escalate any anomalies or errors, and maintain organized records.
* Stakeholder Interaction: Communicate with MLROs and Compliance team to facilitate the AML and Fraud review process and address any AML-related inquiries.
Who you are:
* Experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience in AML space, preferably within the financial services sector.
* Familiar with AML and fraud risk controls, regulatory requirements and the market practices.
* AML expertise with a focus on regulatory compliance.
* Proficiency in data analysis techniques and tools.
* Strong communication and reporting skills.
* Detail-oriented and capable of working with large data sets.
* Collaborative team player with the ability to work independently.
* The role demands an individual who can efficiently balance AML compliance requirements with adept data analysis capabilities. If you're passionate about mitigating financial risks through AML strategies and possess a knack for data analysis, we encourage you to apply and be part of our dynamic team.
* Adaptable: Open to change, committed to continuous learning, and future-oriented in your approach.
Good to have but not mandatory: Chinese language, SQL and Python knowledge
Location: This position is based in London SW1, UK.
Hybrid work set up.