Analyst - Asset Performance
£50,000 per annum
This is a permanent role and will be based at the Manchester offices combined with home working. Due to the current Pandemic this will be initially home based only.
* Sitting within the Asset Performance team developing reporting and analysis to provide an impartial view of portfolio performance for the fund and clients.
* Produce monthly performance reporting reports for UK and European portfolio to assess recoveries performance against forecast
* Develop and run modelling, financial, and analysis of operational activity to provide meaningful insight on portfolio performance
* Use Profitability analysis tools to assess the effectiveness of collections strategies
* Work with operational and analytical teams in country to understand and interpret variances
* Provide analytical capability to assess the performance of potential new portfolios
* Build and run analytical analysis, data extracts, simulation modelling and cashflow forecasts
* Undertake analysis of eligible population sizing and assess the commercial impact of population changes
* To conduct population scoring, regression modelling and propensity modelling techniques to continually refine and improve the accuracy of recovery forecasts
* Provide appropriate challenge to all stakeholders on the information and assumptions provided to develop forecasts, to continue to refine and improve forecasting accuracy.
Do you have?
* Highly numerate Graduate or Post graduate - likely, but not limited to Maths, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science or relevant experience
* Experience in the development of Financial modelling, Cashflow simulation and complex, large scale portfolio analysis
* Strong technical in the use of analytical software (SQL essential, R desired)
* Experience of Pricing, profitability, customer segmentation modelling highly desirable
* Driven and self-motivated
* Knowledge of credit risk, credit bureau and credit data in a consumer debt context is attractive, but not essential
* Curiosity and critical thinking skills
* Structured and organised
* An ability to convey complex concepts well in both written and presentational form
* A bias to the practical application of statistical and analytical tools
* Desire to apply technical skillset in a commercial role.