Job title: Application Solutions Architect
Location: Sheffield / home working
Salary: Up to £50,000 per annum, + benefits
We’re looking for an Application Solutions Architect to be responsible for the design and overseeing implementation of application and integration solutions in line with the enterprise architecture strategy.
You will participate in architecture governance forums, ensuring that all architecture activities and deliverables (in-house and outsourced) are produced to a high quality and are consistent with existing standards, policies, and strategies. You will present solutions for wider review and approval, modelling architectures using the TOGAF meta model within an architecture modelling tool.
• Creating high-level application and integration solution designs.
• Conducting system architecture evaluations to define target state architectures and transitional roadmaps.
• Ensure solutions are integrated with existing bank applications through APIs and integrations.
• Technical review of the design and code delivered by in-house and outsourced teams; ensuring it conforms to solution design, security standards, industry best practices and non-functional requirements.
• Participate in architecture governance, presenting their solutions wider review and approval.
• Peer review solution designs from other architects.
• Identifying technologies that can be leveraged to add value to the bank.
• Contributing to application and integration strategies through collaboration with enterprise architects.
• Modelling architectures using the TOGAF meta model within an architecture modelling tool.
• Creating key design decision papers.
Knowledge and experience:
• Experience of creating architecture solution visions and high-level solution designs.
• Experience working with in-house and outsourced delivery teams.
• Excellent stakeholder engagement skills including the ability to influence other key stakeholders
• Experience of Azure Integration Services.
• Experience of designing Microsoft 365 and Azure based solutions.
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies; CI/CD, Infrastructure-as-Code,DevOps etc.
OGAF certified or equivalent Degree or Equivalent