Apprentice / Trainee Glazier
£4.30 - £8.36 Per Hour
A well established company based in Neath is looking to appoint an apprentice / trainee to learn the glazing trade and continue to work within the busy growing business. The company has long term established contracts creating a busy work environment and opportunity to learn all aspects of the trade.
This role will provide you with both an income and a pathway to a trade qualification in glazing ( Fenestration Installation Level 2).
Duties will expand along with your training:
* Working with windows, doors, patio doors
* Preparing products for installation
* Fitting of handles, vents, cills and locks
* Sealing, cleaning and fitting trims
* Removing old windows and doors
* Repairs to uPVC
* Working with hand and power tools
* Ensuring customers premises are left in a clean and safe condition
* On line training to obtain a Level 2 qualification in Fenestration
* Health and Safety regulations are met and training is up to date
This is a training role, so no previous experience in glazing is required. However, the successful applicant will have the following skills and attributes:
* Desire to learn a trade
* Able to lift heavy objects and enjoy hands-on physical work
* Attention to detail
* Quick and willing learner
* Well spoken with good people skills
* Ability to drive prefered
Build a new career - learning a trade can set you up for life!
The more you learn - the more you will earn, with annual increases for each year of your apprenticeship.
For more information contact Kim Simpson at Work Wales for a confidential discussion.