The purpose of our Corporate Team is to help the business grow and make our peoples' lives easier. To do this we provide business capabilities and services across Finance, IT, HR, Legal, Marketing and Operations.
This company prides itself on a high degree of partnership and collaboration across our Consulting and Corporate teams. Corporate is seen as an integral part of the business. For our consultants who spend a lot of time working away from home and in different countries, we represent an important degree of expertise, constancy, and support.
This company is at a key inflexion point in its journey from being a small, intimate business with high degrees of entrepreneurialism and individual independence, to being a bigger, international business which needs more consistency and infrastructure - but not too much. We don't want to lose our pioneering, start-up-style adaptability, and flexibility, but at the same time, we want to operate with more consistency and predictability.
Corporate is at the heart of navigating this change and it's a demanding challenge. We don't always have the best systems and processes in place - so we need people who want to create them and can work with a bit of chaos along the way. We especially like people who are comfortable with change, ambiguity and being very hands-on while at the same time ensuring we are delivering to significant strategic goals.
The main purpose of this role is to:
* Responsible for the monthly billing and accounts receivable function for selected business units. Working with both the Corporate Team and Project Managers, to ensure the accuracy of the invoicing and pay. Preparing monthly reconciliations for the GL team. Direct line supervisor to 1 junior member of staff, and overall responsible to ensure they perform their tasks.
The key accountabilities of this role can be categorised as follows:
* Time recording - ensuring the accuracy and completeness of monthly time and expenses
* Contract Review - complete various checks to ensure client and projects are set correctly and compliant for Vat, and to ensure correct billing entities.
* Monthly Billing- Prepare invoices on timely basis for PM approval, update status of projects to ensure tracking of billing process, book credits and write offs and adjustments as required.
* Concur - Oversee the setup and administration of Concur expenses and month end checks
* Query Management- Be the 1st line of support to the billing team for business queries, escalate issues in timely manner to Finance manager.
* Support the business and PM with queries and reporting as required
* Prepare month end reconciliations for the GL team - Rechargeables, Income accruals.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualities:
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of change.
* Able to navigate a degree of ambiguity.
* Keen to collaborate with others, knowing that the best results come from pooling ideas, experience, and expertise.
* Focussed on problem-solving - able to recognise how issues and challenges have come about, but more interested in solving them than admiring the problem.
* Hands-on and happy to be involved in the detail and rolling your sleeves up.
* Good stakeholder management
* Good communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to communicate at all levels
Additionally, the successful candidate will have the following experience:
* Qualified by experience or accounting qualification
* Experience of working in a professional services environment
* Proficient in the use of MS Excel and MS Office and an accounting package (Focal point, Dimensions and Concur expenses, experience in these would be an advantage)
* Knowledge of time and expenses systems and debt collection
* Comfortable working with a high volume of transactions
* Strong attention to detail