Assistant Accountant you will support the day-to-day transactions within the accounts for retail and wholesale business. As the department is small, there will be exposed to many different tasks, so it is imperative that the successful candidate has excellent attention to detail and accuracy. Confidence and good communication skills are highly valued, as to the ability to identify improvements to processes and procedures. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to gain all-round experience in finance within fast paced environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
* Handle full set of accounts
* Manage weekly banking including making payments in local/foreign currencies
* Perform weekly postings & monthly multi-currency bank reconciliations and administration
* Issued invoices, ensuring that they are received and approved in a timely manner
* Downloading sales invoices from our subscriptions platform and uploading them accurately into our accounting package (Xero) on a weekly basis.
* Manage purchase order system, matching invoices to orders, allocating orders to appropriate account.
* Manage purchase/sales ledgers
* Prepare VAT returns on a monthly and quarterly basis.
* Support the Finance Manager in the maintenance of accounting ledgers
* Perform monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts.
* Record prepaid expenses in the accounting system and prepare monthly prepaid schedule and reconciliation for assigned entities to agreed time scales
* Perform inter-company reconciliations.
* Provide assistance during the year-end audits, file (soft copies) invoices, bank statements, bank correspondence.
* Quarterly files for group reporting.
* Monitor expense mailbox
* Be involved with improving processes for the team and wider team
* Assisting the CEO and FM with ad hoc duties.
We would Love to Hear from People with:
* Previous experience in a similar accounting role with exposure
* Familiar of the retail /wholesale industry and working environment
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel
* Familiar with accounting software - Xero
* Part qualified - AAT Level 3 /CIMA level 2/ACCA part qualified or similar degree level
* A proactive attitude to learning new skills and personal development
* Attention to detail and a naturally diligent approach.
* A strong team player with good interpersonal skills
* Ability to work with speed and accuracy with numbers
* Ability to work independently and unsupervised yet still work to deadlines
* Ability to ask for help when required
* Inquisitive nature, keen to understand the business and ask questions
What we offer
* 21 days holiday (Max 28 days)
* Excellent opportunities and support for personal growth and career development in a people-focused organization.
* Opportunity to get real hands-on experience on various projects and to learn from experienced team members.