Assistant Hire Desk Advisor
Porthcawl £18500 PA
Work for a well established, award winning organisation in the Porthcawl area. The company hire out machinery and tools used within the construction industry. They have a dynamic culture and believe in development of staff and offer internal progression opportunities. This company pride themselves on their customer service and are looking for a trainee to join the Team.
This will be a true trainee role where you will learn the full function of a Hire Desk Advisor but will also help out in all departments to learn the business from the bottom up. Your duties will include:
* Working on the front counter serving customers
* Speaking to customers on the phone to take orders
* Booking out machinery
* Arranging delivery and collections
* Loading and unloading trucks for delivery
* Delivering equipment to customers
* Cleaning tools and equipment
* Learning the products to be able to advise customers
* All paperwork / computer input related to product hire
* Helping out where ever required
ALthough this is a trainee position some work experience or studies in a relevant field would definitely be an advantage; ideally the construction industry or customer service.
The following attributes are also desirable:
* Keen to develop a career in construction related customer service
* A quick learner
* Excellent customer service skills
* A genuine interest in construction equipment and tools
* Good computer literacy skills
* A full driving license
* A willing team player
Learn while you earn!
A great opportunity to develop a career in the construction hire industry through hands on learning. The company offer excellent career development opportunities and provide a positive team driven working environment. For more information contact Kim Simpson at Work Wales for a confidential discussion.