BI/DI Director (Data Director)
Following the recent change in the ownership structure, Company client plans to triple its size over the next few years' through the delivery of a comprehensive Value Creation Plan (VCP), in addition to organic growth. With over 45,000 clients, the Group recognises the opportunity it has in respect of data, from utilising it identify and target new prospects, to cross selling, to retention, to creating new revenue streams. Part of the VCP therefore is to transform the Group into a fully data enabled business in order deliver market-leading performance and achieve our growth ambitions.
Central to this vision is to manage and grow the data & analytics team, as they build out an enterprise-grade data warehouse & reporting capability, establish a data-driven approach throughout the Group, and drive direct commercial impact through the development of new Data Science capability and application of Machine Learning. For the right candidate, this is an incredibly exciting opportunity to set the strategy, grow and develop group-wide data & analytics capability, create a new Data science capability, and help the business deliver extraordinary results.
* Shape and lead the execution of Group's data strategy, evangelizing a data-driven work environment and demonstrating the power and potential of data through real results
* Manage a growing team to scope and deliver strategic and tactical projects - ranging from BI dashboards, AI-driven commercial optimisation, and developing data-driven products for clients
* Work with stakeholders across the organisation (senior execs through to functional & divisional teams), to understand priorities, business challenges and opportunities, and think creatively about innovative data-driven solutions for these
* Develop and continually evolve a holistic data roadmap for the Group balancing continual delivery of new solutions as well as maintaining and evolving existing capability
* Drive change across the organisation and develop skills to transform the business to become more data-driven and optimised
* Identify new data types and data sources (structured data as well as unstructured data) and innovative ways to collect them to drive increased value across the Group
* Work with business stakeholders and teams to manage roadmap for development, running and operationalisation of business reporting - helping evangelise and drive adoption of all deployed reports
* Set, implement and manage group-wide policies & processes on data governance, quality and definitions
* Keep on top of the latest infrastructure, tools and techniques to ensure the group achieves and maintains a leading edge
* While mostly managing a team, the ability to 'roll up the sleeves' and lead from the front when needed is vital
* Lead and develop teams over multiple geographies, with a focus on developing talent from within
Qualifications and Experience:
* Experience in leading a data & analytics team ideally at a large company
* Experience in consolidating disparate BI functions, building teams and developing capability
* Excellent quantitative skills and an ability to inspire confidence in data-driven decision making
* Excellent communication, stakeholder management and negotiation skills with experience working across multiple divisions within an organisation
* Dynamic, strong interpersonal and team-building skills -ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries
* Significant experience in delivering effective operational dashboards end-to-end: identifying opportunities and requirements, manging the build and roll out
* Experience working with and knowledge of modern data architectures, infrastructure and tools (especially Azure, AWS, Snowflake, Tableau)
* Direct experience with development (e.g., SQL, Python, Tableau etc.), both in a management and execution capacity
Please click 'Apply' to continue your application.