Do you have experience of gaining new business or funding through tenders and bids within the Social Housing, Adult or Children's Social Services, Health, or Public Sector?
Would you like to work for a leading non-profit organisation that provides essential services to the local community in Bedfordshire?
Would you like to work 2 days per week at home and 3 days per week in Luton - with great flexibility?
If so, our fantastic non-profit client is keen to hear from you!
Overview of the role:
You will be performing a key new business/ funding role within an established charity that has been providing essential housing services for in excess of 35 years!
Contributing directly to growth of the organisation through the management of proposals, tenders and grant applications, following standard processes for developing business case, contract terms approval and risk assessment.
Key parts of the role:
Acting as a lead for Business Development on the following key functions:
* Project lead/management support for tenders, develop and quality assure submission of bids/proposals
* Market intelligence, pipeline development and knowledge management supporting growth of the organisation
* Work with the Chief Operations Officer to develop new services in the organisations priority growth areas and support implementation and roll out of successful bids
* Lead/Project Manage the implementation and delivery of bid strategies leading to successful bids
* Manage tenders using agreed Business Development tools and processes, including Business Case Evaluation, pipeline reporting, project planning, and risk assessment following sign off procedures
* Provide direct project management of tenders and bid writing support while managing own projects
* Lead on high value, high risk, high priority tenders for both new and existing services/projects; manage the quality control on tender submissions, proposals, bids, presentations, ensuring bid deadlines are met and feedback sought on successful/unsuccessful proposals, implementing feedback to improve future strategy
* Responsible for the safe custody of personal information that may be received through tender documents (i.e. TUPE) and supervision of how this information is used.
* Represent the organisation at internal and external meetings/events, including bid presentations, negotiations and competitive dialogue.
* Use and embed updated project management methodologies and assist with the roll out of new processes and project management tools
* Identify risks to project plans and implement actions in partnership with internal stakeholders to mitigate risks and overcome challenges
* Maintain good relationships with existing commissioners and develop relationships with new clients and key stakeholders up to senior management level in order to generate business opportunities and market services
* Capture and maintain knowledge and understanding of current market developments, policy changes and competitor activity.
* Experience in Business Development within Homelessness Services or related markets, e.g. Adult or Children's Social Services, Health, Public Sector Contracting.
* Preparing, managing and writing tendering, reports and/or funding applications.
* Project management and overseeing projects from start to completion.
* Experience of delivering presentations to internal/external audiences.
* Business/performance/financial/market analysis.
* Feasibility Studies / business case evaluation of growth opportunities.
* Risk Management strategies for tenders.
* Strong communicator, able to express ideas with clarity and speed verbally and in writing to a range of audiences
* Takes responsibility for maintaining high standards of accuracy and correctness in dealing with information and data, acting to minimise errors and inaccuracies with the knowledge that an error could mean a failed tender. Adopting an orderly and precise approach to work paying careful attention to following standard procedures and ways of working
* Able to develop and maintain strong partnerships across different departments
* A focus on tight project planning and achieving deadlines.
* Rigorous attention to detail and quality improvement of tenders/proposals
* Innovative approach to problem solving and ability to use own initiative to overcome challenges and risks * Good negotiator, with the ability to identify key decision makers.
* Able to identify and tackle complex problems related to commissioning and contracting, e.g. TUPE, Pensions, unfavourable contract clauses, financial viability of proposals
* Able to successfully plan dependencies in complex projects to tight deadlines; prioritising critical tasks and allocating time and resources to the crucial areas that will underpin project success
If you have the Business Development experience our client is looking for then apply now in complete confidence or contact Dominic Quirke at Advancing People directly.
You will need your own transport and will live within a realistic commute of Luton, 2 days per week.
Our client is offering a basic salary of £40,000 plus £10k OTE bonus and benefits.