Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists are now recruiting for a Buyer for their client.
The purpose of this position is to ensure items are purchased in line with business requirements as defined by MRP and other systems. Review suppliers and systems to ensure continually improved value proposition for the business.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Manage and maintain current MRP system with current and accurate data
* Ensure material and product requirements are met through effective procurement activity, utilising the relevant business system as appropriate
* To control inventory to best in class benchmarking. Support initiatives to optimise inventory levels.
* Ensure all lead-time information is reviewed and updated as appropriate
* To support the provision of data as it relates to Purchasing and other business areas.
* Relevant purchasing background
* previous experience working as a Buyer, Procurement Specialist, Purchasing Assistant
* Sound working knowledge of MRP systems
* High levels of tenacity
* Demonstrable / Proven ability of forming and maintaining successful supplier relationships
* Experience working as a Buyer
This is a full time permanent position offering an annual basic salary of up to £35,000 + attractive company benefits
This is a remote / Work from home position. If successful you would need to commute to Cambridge 3 time a week.
Monday - Friday, 37.5 hours a week
Advancing People - Recruitment Specialists
Advancing People Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency.