Our client is a leading engineering business that has been established for over half a century providing mechanical handling solutions to many industries across the globe.
They are looking to recruit a Buyer to their expanding team.
As a Buyer your role will fall into two key elements:
Buyer job - Design-and-Build Projects
We integrate our own manufactured equipment with procured high-value machines to deliver specialist capital equipment to customers. This requires the Buyer to purchase materials, specialist equipment, hire plant and site services for our projects in an economical & timely manner. You will be required to do this in accordance with design requirements as detailed on the contract drawings and the BOMs, and in accordance with the relevant project programme. The purchase of high-value third party machines against commercial and technical specifications is a key element of the buyer's role for our projects requiring strong negotiation skills to ensure the sub-contracts for these items are in line with our main contract. While the technical specifications will always be written by the Project Engineer, in time, you will be expected to write the commercial specifications. You must also liaise with the Project Engineers and Site Managers to keep project/installation costs on budget as well as to source additional plant or labour that may be required for a project.
Buyer job - Supply Chain
As a manufacturer, we require you to purchase the materials, consumables, and components for our in-house production facility. This means you must ensure the supply chain components are continually procured at the lowest cost and in time for the shopfloor build programme. The preparation of competitive tenders, usually on an annual basis, will be part of your role and upon successful tendering you will monitor costs to ensure there is no movement from the agreed terms.
You will also be responsible for overseeing controlling the cost of equipment, consumables and services used within the company's offices as well as taking a lead role in the purchase of bigger ticket items made by the company such as new computer systems, new shopfloor machines, sales vehicles etc.
If you pride yourself on your negotiation skills, in adding value, in controlling suppliers, and in ensuring that the delivery of materials and the manufacture of our goods are always on time, you will become a key member of a successful team.
Buyer job - Duties include:
* The buyer will be responsible for sourcing and delivery of components for specific programmes liaising with several key suppliers.
* The buyer will also be required to support the development of the material strategy for projects as well as leading supply chain optimization programs.
* Day to day purchasing administrative duties relating to purchasing function.
* Supporting the Operations dept in achieving the company wide goals
Buyer job - Experience:
* Proven track record in a manufacturing, purchasing environment, possessing strong influencing and negotiating expertise
* Qualified to A Level or relevant industry qualification
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages is essential
* Working knowledge of MRP is essential.
* Highly organised and a focused attention to detail is essential
* Ability to lead and set priorities/projects with minimal management supervision.
* Proven problem solver and able to bring tricky situations to an early and satisfactory resolution.
* Previous experience in purchasing big ticket items.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to converse at all levels both internally and externally.
* An ability to develop supplier relationships and to react to changing market dynamics in the buyer / supplier relationships.
* Experience of new supplier introduction.
* Experience in Quality systems - Preferred
* Experience in stock control - Preferred
Buyer job - Previous suitable job titles: Buyer, Engineering Buyer, Purchaser, Procurement officer, Engineering Purchaser, Technical Purchaser, Procurement, Technical Buyer
Please apply ASAP