CAD / CAM Engineer (CNC Machining)
£40,000 to £45,000 + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holiday + Pension
Days, 39 hour working week (08:00 – 4.30, Mon – Fri)
Cad / Cam Engineer required by a well-established CNC machining company in Manchester. This is a varied and interesting role with a stable company.
Your main aim will be to convert client built to print designs into 3D Solidworks models, decide on the most efficient machining method and then to use CAM software to generate the CNC codes.
As this company has clients in various sectors such as oil and gas, construction and the nuclear sector, no 2 days of work will ever be the same.
The CAD / CAM Engineer Role:
• Create accurate 3D models from build to print designs.
• Creation of accurate and detailed CNC Programmes - Mainly Turning but there will be Milling also (this will increase with experience).
• Consider tools required and program machines accordingly.
• Design Jigs and Fixtures.
• Adjust machine cutting paths or settings to optimize production while maintaining quality.
• Provide support to the production team for initial production runs.
The CAD / CAM Engineer:
• Experience of Solidworks Essential.
• Experience of Camworks (Turning) Essential.
• Experience of Fanuc Programming.
• Experience of Visi Cam software advantageous.
• Knowledge of writing CNC Programs without utilising programming software advantageous.