Job Title: Chef de Partie
Responsible to: Head Chef
Salary: £24k per annum
General Scope and Purpose
My client is searching for a permanent Chef de Partie to join their very busy local hotel in Abingdon. The Hilton Garden Inn is a professional, highly reputable hotel with exceptional standards of both food and service. The successful applicant will need to be totally customer focused by consistently delivering excellent customer service with an informed, friendly and effective approach.
To be responsible for the preparation and presentation of all dishes in your allocated working area in order that guests receive efficient service and high-quality dishes.
To gain experience in all sections of the kitchen and ensure company and legal requirements are always maintained.
- To be fully aware of hotel activities and facilities.
- To be fully aware of the preparation and service of all dishes on the hotel menus.
- To prepare and present dishes on hotel menus to standard, making adjustments as appropriate to meet any customer requests or dietary requirements.
- To ensure mise en place is carried out in your allocated area of work to meet forecasted demand.
- To record temperature checks on food and in storage areas as directed to ensure statutory requirements are met and report any variances so they can be rectified immediately.
- To follow portion control guidelines to ensure the profitability of the kitchen is maintained.
- To ensure food materials are stored correctly and rotated to meet company and legal requirements.
- To keep food wastage to a minimum.
- To maintain high standards of working practices in terms of personal appearance and working methods.
- To assist with the training of and supervise junior members of the kitchen brigade.
- To assist with quality control and menu planning where appropriate.
- To practice the correct and safe use and care of all items of equipment.
- To report any damage or wear and tear occurring within your areas of work.
- To ensure all security and control procedures laid down are strictly adhered to.
- To assist with various cleaning duties as required.
- To be aware of product costs and kitchen gross profit targets.
- To assist with the ordering of food materials as required following Company procedures.
- To ensure on all occasions you observe safe and hygienic working practices in order to satisfy the requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act and other statutory legislation.
- To attend training when required.
- To be fully aware of and strictly observe Food Hygiene, Health & Safety, Fire Safety and Security policies and procedures.
- To be fully aware of and comply with hotel and Company rules and regulations as identified in the Team Member handbook and on the Team Noticeboards.
- To ensure kitchen porters cleaning schedules are being followed and fully completed to standard. To take action when and where required to rectify any failings and/or report any non-compliance issues to the Head Chef or Sous Chef.
- To support Senior Chef de Partie in the absence of the head Chef and Sous Chef.
- To attend daily meetings (e.g., 10am/ 3pm) and communicate changes in the business and other relevant information.
This Job Description cannot be exhaustive due to the peculiar requirements of the hotel industry. Therefore, the job-holder may be required from time to time to carry out tasks requested by the Management.