Qualified Patent Attorney - Life Sciences/Chemistry
Finals Level/Newly Qualified - 3 PQE
London, but other locations across UK are considered
This is an exciting opportunity for a Qualified Patent Attorney from NQ - 3 PQE to join one of the markets most exciting, agile and growing firms in their Life Sciences/Chemistry Team. The firm is a Tier 1 ranked outfit, with high levels of growth over the last few years, and plans to continue this with a number of hires at a variety of levels.
The firm operate with some of the latest technology, have a very agile working environment, prioritise strong work/life balance and employee welfare, and have a flexible hybrid working policy between home working and office working.
You will have the opportunity to work on a number of different projects across both contentious and non-contentious matters, with very high proportion being with direct clients from small SMEs and start ups to multinational organisations. Your work will also include:
* Handling relevant technologies across areas such as life sciences, small molecules, organic chemistry, biochemistry
* High levels of drafting, prosecution, oppositions and appeals as well as litigation exposure and support
* Leading client relationships, business development activities and outside partnerships to develop your own portfolio and assist the team in the range of work they continue to drive
The ideal candidate will have:
* Fully qualified UK and/or European Patent Attorney, or a Finals Level Part Qualified Attorney
* Relevant academic experience at a high level such as a Masters degree or a PhD in a relevant field of research and technology
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to approach complex tasks and technologies and structure a precise plan of action followed by the ability to execute said plan
* Ability to work under pressure
* High level of detail and an analytical mind