An opportunity has arisen for a chief information security officer/ Information security officer to work for an established insurance company based in Doncaster.
Role and Responsibility
- Responsible for the companies Information Security Strategy
- Identifying vulnerabilities in our current network.
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive plan to secure our computing network.
- Educating colleagues about security software and best practices for information security.
- Collaborating with management and the IT department to improve security.
- Organising/Carrying out Penetration and Vulnerability scanning
- Documenting any vulnerabilities, potential security breaches and assessing their impact
- Keeping up to date with developments in IT security standards and threats.
- Monitoring network usage to ensure compliance with security policies
- Coordinating supplier due diligence activities as part of supplier on-boarding and ongoing supplier assurance
- Coordinating the response to internal audit activity and performing security audits
- Management of disaster recovery plan and testing accordingly
Qualifications/Experience Required (essential):
- Degree in computer science or a technology-related field.
- Solid knowledge of various information security frameworks (e.g. iso 270001 or similar)
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to educate a non-technical audience about various security measures.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Qualifications/Experience Required (desired but not essential):
- Professional information security certification.
- Experience in an information security role.
What the company offer:
Salary £45 - 60K depending on experience
- Flexible working option to Work from Home
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised staff canteen
- Free Gym on site plus free PT sessions
- Additional benefits based on time served such as Car Allowance, Free Breakdown cover, Health Insurance, Free Travel Insurance
- Career progression opportunities
- Paid for online training access.
- Full Time- Permanent
- Location - Doncaster
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a forward-thinking company, who really values its employees and offers excellent career opportunities.