Catfoss Recruitment Ltd are currently in partnership with a cutting-edge technology company that is looking to recruit a C&I Engineer to their expanding team on a permanent basis.
Building on more than two decades of science led research and development, our client designs and manufactures pioneering power generation technology.
What we are looking for
Working within the Electrical, Control and Instrumentation (EC&I) team, the successful candidate will help to ensure the timely delivery of control and safety systems for pioneering power generation technology. Contributing towards the design of communication networks, software design, electrical design and production of detailed high-quality documentation.
C&I Engineer Responsibilities
* Creation of automation project documentation (URS, FDS, cause & effect, alarm lists, ITPs, logic flow diagrams).
* Technical review and approval of electrical and control project documentation, including MCC and electrical panel drawings.
* Development of control and safety concepts.
* Design and development of communication networks both internal to company products and external communication with client networks.
* Definition of PLC automation system and software coding.
* Technical review of PLC automation systems and software coding.
* Fault finding and resolution in PLC and MCC electrical panels.
* Participate in plant safety studies and design reviews (HAZOP/LOPA).
* Technical review and approval of subcontractor electrical equipment and software.
* Liaise, coordinate and communicate information effectively within multi-disciplinary teams both internally and externally.
C&I Engineer Knowledge and Experience
* Time served engineer qualified to HNC/HND or higher qualification.
* Experience (> 5 years) working with industrial automation systems.
* Experience in working in an industrial plant environment.
* Siemens PLCs, specifically S7-300/400/1200/1500.
* Safety systems including safety relays and safety PLCs.
* Programming in TIA Portal, Step 7 or PCS 7 using one or more of the following programming languages ladder logic, CFC and SCL.
* Design, modify and code SCADA and HMI systems.
* Experience with building and troubleshooting LAN and WAN networks.
* Experience with PROFIBUS, PROFINET and Modbus communication protocols.
* Specification and commissioning VSDs.
* Cable specification and design in accordance with BS 7671/IEC 60364.
* Software specification and design in accordance with IEC 61508 / IEC 61511.
* A full UK driving licence.
* European travel is essential in this role so you must have availability to travel internationally to site and vendors workshop.
* Experience working within a highly regulated industry.
* Familiarity with HAZOP, LOPA and risk assessment methodologies.
* Familiarity with the ATEX directives and hazardous area classifications.
C&I Engineer Skills and Abilities
* Candidate should have strong organisational skills, be self-motivated and enjoy working in a team environment.
* A can-do attitude and a willingness to get involved in all aspects of the project lifecycle.
* Capability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
* An attention to detail and a methodical approach to work is essential for this role.
C&I Engineer suitable previous job titles: Control & Instrumentation Engineer, Control and Instrumentation Engineer, EC&I Engineer, ECI Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Senior Controls Engineer, Controls Engineer, Senior C&I Engineer, Senior EC&I Engineer
Please apply ASAP
Due to current high volumes of applications to our advertised jobs, we are unable to respond to every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible.