Class 1 HGV ADR Driver
£900 - £1,100 per week
Our client is offering a new role which is mainly day work, but you must be able to night out in the vehicle if required. You must also be able to work one Saturday every six – this shift is paid in addition to the figures mentioned above.
Job description for Class 1 HGV Driver (Tramping):
- In your first two weeks on the job, you would be paired with a driver trainer, learning how to safely deliver and collect various chemicals
- All PPE for this position will be issued to you prior to starting
- Your first job once fully trained will be issued to you via email the day before, outlining where you need to be and which chemical you will be delivering. You can have a company phone if required.
- You will then drive to the client's depot in Grays, park your car in their secure car park and begin your work, ensuring you call on arrival at your first delivery (all numbers and other relevant info. will be issued to you on employment)
- Your jobs will continue to be allocated to you throughout the week via the transport team, so communication with them is essential – any delays, issues, or relevant info will need to be passed on.
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Must be keen, efficient and have sound safe working practices
- Valid Digital Tachograph Card
- Up-to-date CPC Card
- All categories on your ADR are required, other than 1 & 7
- Pay is weekly
- Receive your own truck
- Any nights out will be paid for, and you will be expected to park securely in services
- Modern XL cab trucks (Volvo or MAN)
- Trucks are valeted before any new driver is to work in them
- This is a permanent position in a friendly, family-run business that has ex-drivers in the office managing the operation
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays per year
- A pension plan is optional with your employment
- Two weeks training provided, and any renewal training (inc ADR and CPC) is paid for by the company
This is a family-run company and they are proud of this, all staff are treated exceptionally well and work on a close personal level. The same from our drivers, when it comes to their equipment and the responsibility they have towards customers and their associated work!