JOB TITLE: Cleaning Services Manager
HOURS: Monday to Friday, 35 hours
Manage and lead two Supervisors and be part of a 3-person team responsible for cleaning and laundry activities across the entire site.
The Cleaning Services Manager will directly manage solo cleaners and group leaders and their reports to ensure cleaning standards are maintained and applied consistently
Will take responsibility, appropriate action and decisions for Cleaning Services, and work with the Head of Operations on the strategic aims of the department.
*Manage and lead two Supervisors.
*Manage complaints and service-related issues.
*Ensure compliance with legislation, policies and procedures are maintained and developed.
*Take appropriate decisions based on the needs for Cleaning Services.
*Carry out any other adhoc tasks as required by the Head of Operations.
*Control budgets and expenditure for Cleaning Services.
*Work on strategic aims of the department as directed by the Head of Operations.
*Undertake regular audits to ensure Cleaning Services is well maintained and completed to the required standard.
*Monitor and record all training requirements within the department and promote continuous improvement.
*Develop and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
*Ensuring that expenditure is always kept within budget.
*Authorise Domestic timesheets.
*Action reported equipment faults.
*Manage cleaners to carry out cleaning and laundry services.
*Ensure high standards of hygiene and appearance and uniform and PPE is worn.
*Undertake HR activities (under the guidance of the HR Business Partner) including and not limited to performance, appraisals, discipline, absence management.
*Work with the HR Business Partner on any staff issues.
*Work with the HR Business Partner to recruitment staff.
Skills and Experience
* Experience of staff supervision, management and monitoring
* Knowledge of statutory legislation
* Proven organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
* Evidence of the ability to formulate and implement systems and procedures which effect change and improve service delivery
* Previous experience of a cleaning management role
* Previous experience in professional cleaning and laundry services
* Budgetary management experience
* Coaching, training and developing others
* Proficient in Outlook and Microsoft Office
* Excellent communicator and listener
* Good understanding of COSHH and Health & Safety at Work
This role is commutable from:
Deeping St James