Compliance Associate role within one of the leading challenger banks.
An ultra-exciting challenger bank within the Fin-Tech space are searching for an experienced Compliance Associate to join their fast growing team in London. The business have disrupted the tradition retail banking market and have benefited from exponential growth over the last 5 years.
Reporting into the team's compliance manager, you will be responsible for monitoring transactions across the function to uncover financial crime related transactions.
As a compliance associate, your key responsibilities will be:
* Proactively identifying Financial Crime trends through thorough data analysis and internal alerts, reporting all findings with the wider team to assist in tackling all forms of Financial Crime.
* Investigating alerts generated by fraud database tools.
* Liaising with other banks and the relevant authorities as necessary through several channels, including email, phone and CIFAS.
* Communicating directly with customers as part of ongoing investigations through in-app messages or via phone to understand circumstances and gain additional information, before providing a fair and logical decision.
* Work closely with the regulatory team to ensure the financial crime team are following current regulatory guidelines.
* Reporting findings promptly to the Financial Crime Manager with a detailed analysis and synopsis.
Key requirements for the compliance associate role:
* Experience in or a good understanding of investigating Financial Crime.
* Knowledge of CIFAS and SIRA is preferable.
* Strong communicator, both written and verbal.
* Keen eye for detail, with the ability to act with urgency and escalate issues when necessary.
* A key interest in stopping financial crime
This is a fantastic opportunity to grow and incredible challenger bank with an excellent re-numeration package. The role will be remote to begin with then transitioning to hybrid working in their ultra impressive office in the City of London.