Specialising in composites, composite laminates, sandwich panel systems and vacuum forming. We combine our technical know-how of materials and processing to provide high quality solutions and single-site capabilities within the Rail Industry.
As a working Supervisor, your role is the daily supervision of your team of assemblers, to discharge the requirements of the production schedule as directed by the Production Manager and to ensure that the requirements of Health and Safety, Quality/Product Compliance and Delivery Schedule Adherence are met and maintained.
- Ensure the meeting of operational targets on a daily basis.
- Ensure a high standard of work quality is maintained.
- Identify and request any specific tooling or material requirements.
- Ensure team comply with all relevant health and safety and COSHH regulations.
- Promote and maintain a safe, clean working environment.
- Delegate tasks to the team using the Work to List to prioritise.
- Motivation of team members and encouragement of creativity and ‘out of the box’ thinking.
- Encourage two-way communication and feedback.
- Conflict resolution and feedback to Supervision.
- Participate in business training and personal development programmes.
- Conduct handovers, both written and verbal to ensure jobs in work are continued/completed and any new workload requirements are identified and scheduled.
- Identify and provide training where required and act as a mentor.
- Be a focal point for the dissemination of information.
- Ensure all process paperwork is completed in line with the completion of the task.
- Provide feedback to the Management Team on issues and concerns arising, along with potential solutions.
- Lead and participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives, embracing the principles of CI and Kaizen.
- Support Management to achieve 99% ‘Right First Time’ manufacture of components as well as 95%+ ‘On Time In Full’ delivery of parts and assemblies.
- Shop Floor Data Collection system (Progress Plus – a bespoke system – training will be provided) is adopted, operated, and maintained in accordance with the prescribed procedures.
Hours of work are 730am to 4pm Monday to Thursday, and 730am to 1pm on Friday. 37.5 hour working week.