We are looking for a contract engineer to join a world leader in the design and manufacture of refuse collection vehicles. They supply the highest quality products that meet the highest expectations in terms of performance, cost, and delivery.
Key Requirements for the role
* Formal Mechanical Qualification
* Year 3 City & Guilds or equivalent
* Driving Licence and HGV Licence
* Good diagnostic skills, understanding of electronics and hydraulics
Desired Requirements for the role
* Previous experience in a similar role
* Maintenance and repair of RCV's
* Able to problem solve in a logical and rational way and read wiring diagrams
Job purpose and key responsibilities
* To manage the repair and servicing of customer vehicles: - this includes routine services, MOT preparation and a wide range of chassis and body repairs including fault diagnosis.
* To ensure remedial & maintenance work is achieved to customer's satisfaction both breakdowns and all other work carried out at customer's premises.
* To carry out administration and other work in connection with Company activities as appropriate.
Repair of specialist vehicles
* Carry out fault diagnosis on chassis and mounted equipment
* Ensure repairs and servicing is conducted to a high standard (VOSA Standards)
* Preparation of vehicles for MOT inspection
* Compliance with Department of transport specifications when appropriate
* Carry out body and chassis repair as necessary
* Ensure jobs are completed to company standards and instructions
* Completion of work in a timely and efficient manor, including any additional work is
identified and completed.
* Complete all relevant paperwork on completion of any work conducted.
* Work at customers' and company premises as well as in other areas.
* Liaise and communicate with customers in a professional manner
* Ensure vehicle maintenance work is conducted as per schedule.
* To work with a minimum amount of supervision at customers' premises
* Accepts responsibility and ownership for managing contract on a daily basis.
* Maintain good house-keeping practices at customers' premises and in