Job title: FIRAS – Contracts Supervisor
£35k-£40k dependant on experience
Current Post holder: N/A
Reporting to: Managing Director
Responsible for: FIRAS – fire doors fire stopping
Work Location Burgess Hill
The Contracts Supervisor for FIRAS accreditation
We are looking for candidates with previous experience working on Fire stopping/Fire Door projects, with a proven track
record of successful people management and service delivery.
Supervisor - FIRAS (Fire Doors) - Responsibilities:
• Achieve all pre agreed KPI targets via the effective supervision of operatives.
• Monitor organise and direct operatives and subcontractors to ensure all agreed productivity levels are met.
• Build an excellent working relationship with the client and their designated partners.
• Ensure all operatives work in accordance with company policy and procedures.
• Carry out pre and post inspections as required to raise accurate works
• Check quality of works carried out.
• Ensure operatives comply with all Health and Safety procedures.
• Manage and monitor all work in progress to ensure effective service delivery is achieved.
• Address poor performance promptly.
• Report any accidents to Health and Safety Manager immediately.
• FIRAS Qualification (Preferred)
• IT Literate with good knowledge of Microsoft packages
• Ability to understand client requirements to maximise productivity and measure and improvement
• Excellent written and oral presentation
• Good understanding of H&S legislation
• Experience of managing and improving internal and external customer relationships and conflict handling
You will be working for a modern, forward-thinking business; that believes the strengths, skills and personalities of their people are the key to the company’s success.
General –All Staff are required to:
• Familiarise themselves with the Company Policies and Procedures, held on the citrus system, accessible by all staff at any time from the website.
• Uphold the Equal Opportunities and Anti-Harassment and Bullying Policies, ensuring effective implementation in all aspects of their work for the Company.
• Act at all times within the Company Rules, Policies, Procedures, and any other statutory requirements.
• Be proactive, bring ideas, suggestions and contribute to business improvement.
• Undertake training as required.
• Attend staff and team meetings as required.
• Observe health and safety procedures in the workplace to ensure personal safety to safeguard the interests and safety of colleagues, customers and visitors.
• Undertake other duties and responsibilities as appropriate since all staff are expected to work flexibly within their skill level to respond to changing priorities and make sure that customer needs and business objectives are met.