Strong Recruitment Group are looking for Contracts Manager on behalf of our client a leading contracts company, based in Birmingham.
A Contracts Manager's role encompasses many other roles such as organisation, scheduling, material/labour planning, estimating, client communication & expectation, H&S and negotiation; all a pre-requisite for meeting deadlines and delivering tenders and projects effectively.
We are looking for an experienced contractor, who has good project management skills and client relations, has estimating experience and is happy to take on tenders ranging in value from £10k to £2m as well as seeing the projects through to completion. You will need to hit the ground running and have essential experience in Industrial and Commercial fast paced refurbishment schemes across the UK.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Retain existing clients in which have been developed by the company since its formation, whilst continuously developing new clients and consultancies.
* Maintaining a consistent level of service delivery, ensuring the standards of project delivery remain at the very highest level.
* Delivering competitive but profitable tenders without any delay beyond the tender return date. Ensure tenders are distributed to relevant supply chains/sub-contractors and quotations received a minimum of 3 days before tender return date.
* Undertake relevant site surveys nationwide to gain a good project understanding. Obtain all relevant information to assist with pricing and tender return, to include measurements, photographs and ensure relevant information is passed on where required.
* Continual skilled negotiating with both clients and sub-contractors, to ensure projects are profitable whilst ensuring 'above and beyond' attitude with surveyors where required.
* Provide detailed programmes for both clients, site staff and sub-contractors.
* Ensure sites are fully equipped with resources to complete the works in accordance with the programme, to include materials, programmes, access equipment, sub-contractors' details etc.
* Monitoring subcontractor performance and workmanship quality checks, to maintain a high standard of project delivery upon completion.
* Meeting deadlines for projects, ensuring no works are delayed without a written request for extension of time to the client.
* Monitor JCT contracts throughout project lifecycle and address any issues.
* Liaising with H&S manager to ensure installation of safe working practices at all times, whilst ensuring pre-construction phase is implemented prior to commencing any works.
* Attending project review meetings and provide adequate / carefully worded project updates to clients and Inco's Senior Management team.
* Evaluate and review job costs regularly and ensure valuations and accounts are issued without delay.
* Resolve issues/disputes on site to ensure the interests of Inco Contracts and our portfolio of clients remain the highest priority.
Salary Negotiable - £
Car Allowance available
SMSTS, HNC in the Built Environment/Quantity Surveying Degree or similar would be preferred but not essential.
Please submit your CV and salary expectations.