Our client is an independent systems integrator, providing bespoke, high quality industrial control systems primarily to the manufacturing industry.
They offer a turnkey service including electrical design, software, manufacture, installation and commissioning with ongoing system support. As a small business, they are seeking a Control Systems Project Engineer to deliver projects of all sizes from initial enquiry to completion, provide ongoing support to existing customers and work closely with the Directors to develop new business.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who would enjoy finding technical solutions to meet often challenging and complex customer requirements, both independently and as part of a small team.
Control Systems Project Engineer - Main roles & responsibilities:
* To assess customer specifications from sales enquiries;
* To propose engineering solutions;
* To write budget material lists, prepare costs and quotations;
* To produce electrical circuit diagrams using CAD or similar software;
* To write HMI and/or PLC and/or SCADA software, operating descriptions and system manuals;
* To assemble, wire-check and test electrical control panels;
* To carry out site surveys in preparation for quotations and project delivery;
* To carry out installation for smaller projects;
*To oversee sub-contracted installation teams on larger projects, including monitoring visits;
* To carry out commissioning on projects of all sizes;
* To carry out modification and maintenance work on existing systems;
Control Systems Project Engineer (Client Support) - (Every 3rd week)
* To provide telephone support and advice to assist customer's shift supervisors and maintenance personnel with system fault diagnostics;
* To undertake remote online access to customer's systems to support fault diagnostics;
* To perform minor online modifications to customer's systems in order to rectify a fault;
Control Systems Project Engineer - You will be able to:
* Independently write PLC / HMI / SCADA software, with at least one of Siemens, Omron, Allen Bradley. Movicon, with completion of relevant training;
* Produce electrical circuit diagrams using CAD software or similar;
* Independently assembly and testing of electrical control panels;
* Install, Commission & Maintain Electro-technical systems;
Control Systems Project Engineer - Qualifications:
* Relevant & Recognised Electrical qualification, NVQ Level 3 / C&G and upwards combined with commercial experience covering all or some of the above.
Control Systems Project Engineer previous suitable job titles: Control Systems Project Engineer, Controls Engineer, EC&I Engineer, ECI Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Project Engineer, Electrical Project Engineer, Controls Project Engineer, Commissioning Engineer, Electrical Design Engineer, SCADA Engineer, PLC Engineer, PLC Programmer, Electronics Engineer
Please apply ASAP