Cyber Security Director - Government - Consulting
£140,000 - £160,000 per annum
A global, tier-one professional services client currently looking for an information & cyber security advisory teambuild with a specific focus on the UK central government organisations. As part of this large teambuild, a proven and ambitious Cyber Security Director is required to help drive this business unit.
The Director can be based anywhere within the UK, with an expectation that travel to London - for both internal operational and external consulting - is required.
This role pays a guaranteed figure of between c£140,000 - £160,000 excluding a cash choices allowance, an annual bonus, car allowance, competitive pension plus extras.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break? For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
The role, necessary skills and expectations:
* Deep central government market-facing cyber leadership - with substantial experience and the ability to deliver complex projects and identify, generate and deliver sales opportunities and develop and maintain client relationships at a senior level.
* At this level, successful Directors will be required to own a portfolio of clients within the central government to either maintain and expand existing relationships, or work with the firm's networks to open up new relationships and identify opportunities. Responsibilities will be primarily on this market-building aspect, but the successful candidate will also be responsible for the high quality delivery of security engagements, typically leading junior resources as part of a wider fieldwork team.
* As part of the broader Cyber Security practice - you will take part in the firm's thought leadership, broader recruitment, proposition development and go-to-market approach.
* Broad range of security experience, e.g. a number of the following cyber areas; cyber strategy, security target operating models, security transformation programmes, security change initiatives, security technologies (such as information protection, firewall rule set review, network segregation etc), privacy, security standards such as ISF, ISO, SANS etc., information protection, cloud, application security, security architecture, threat intel, forensic security etc.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and a track record of developing strong client relationships.
* Delivery of client engagements, typically leading the fieldwork delivery using a team of resources and planning and staffing projects for clients based on complex deliverables and programmes of work.
* Evidence of working with leadership teams to identify, generate, develop and execute sales opportunities
* Experience of developing bids/tender documentation
* Managing key client stakeholders' relationships (middle management and CxO level).
* Preferably internal or external consultancy experience
* Strong academics, including a minimum of 2.1 degree or equivalent experience
* Qualification such as M.Inst.ISP, CISSP, CISM, CCNP, CIPP/E preferred
* Holds current SC / DV security clearance (or at least has the ability to gain clearance).