Cyber Security Manager
£65,000 - £100,000 per annum
A London-based tier one client in hiring cyber & information security professionals at both manager and senior manager levels with recent and deep financial services knowledge. These positions begin at c£65,000 basic salary and reach c£100,000 basic salary - exclusive of annual bonus, competitive pension scheme and wider / flexible benefits.
Within our client, developing a robust cyber security function is a particular area of exciting growth. Helping stakeholders with their challenges is complex; often involves working closely with a diverse range of experts from many different disciplines and geographies.
Our client seek intellectually curious cyber professionals who can contribute to the development of the team, lead teams of diverse consultants on t projects, work effectively across organisational and geographical boundaries and cultivate new and existing relationships. You will be someone who wants to develop your leadership and technical skills, work with a multi-disciplinary peer group which you respect and have fun with and help some of the world's biggest and most complicated organisations with their cyber challenges.
* Building and developing long terms relationships with senior stakeholders;
* Leading the development and implementation existing and new projects across a number of agendas, co-ordinating closely with appropriate colleagues throughout the organisation;
* Leading a portfolio of cyber-related engagements across our business, including effective people management on engagements and working seamlessly and collaboratively with colleagues in other parts of the organisation and globe;
* Attracting world-class talent and further develop and mentor people;
* Contributing to the latest thought-leadership and industry research relating to cyber security and organisational crisis and response management to cyber issues.
* To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
* A specialism in one or more areas of cyber security. Likely including experience across a number of areas such as certifications (such as ISO27001 or SOC2), advanced threat readiness and protection, application protection, identity and access management, incident response, information privacy and protection, cyber risk analytics, vulnerability management.
* Strong commercial awareness and business acumen, including specifically a good understanding of cyber risk to both business processes and supporting technology;
* Strong interpersonal skills and experience of developing strong client relationships, either as a consultant or demonstration of significant influencing abilities within an organisation and demonstrable ability to solve complex problems objectively, using an appropriate combination of analysis, experience and judgement;
* Delivery of high quality complex projects including effective programme, project, financial and people management;
* Strong reputation, broad network and demonstrable contribution to the cyber community;
Strong academics, including a minimum of 2.1 degree or equivalent experience and qualifications
Oliver James Associates was established to provide a fully comprehensive search & selection recruitment process to the financial services sector on a permanent and contract/interim basis. We can proudly say that we are one of the few genuine market leaders within these niche markets and pride our...