Job title : Data Design Manager - Metadata and Master
Location : Sheffield, currently working from home
Salary : Up to £50,000 per annum, plus bonus and benefits
Due to further planned growth, company client is expanding and developing the Metadata Team, and have an exciting opportunity for a Data Design Manager. Your primary objective is to build frameworks an d processes for master and metadata, and support the users of them, establishing data models, definitions and business rules. You will be responsible for building and managing a set of master data and metadata control capabilities to ensure that:
- Systems of record are fit for purpose
- Data is well defined and fully understood; risks in the data landscape are identified and managed
- Data can be consumed with confidence in their integrity and lineage
- The organisation has confidence in the data available
- Emphasis is given to the most mission-critical data, based on risk and value
Essentially, you will have extensive practical experience as a Metadata Manager, have successfully implemented metadata management measures in the context of delivering quantifiable improvements, have a current working knowledge of industry best practice eg DAMA/EDM, with knowledge and experience of implementing and working with metadata technologies, and an understanding and experience of logical data modelling and data normalisation.
Experience in a similar role in Investment or Commercial Bank, Asset or Fund Manager, experience managing teams that are a mixture of direct and indirect reporting, and preparing and chairing meetings attended by senior stakeholders would be beneficial but not essential.Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of working in an Agile environment – financial services or public sector background is preferred
- Management and leadership of a team of 10+ business analysts
- A background of working on technical and non-technical projects from a lead BA point of view.