Data Engineer (m/f/d)
£90,000 per annum
Are you a Data Engineer looking for an exciting opportunity to join a company that is at the forefront of digital transformation? Our client is actively seeking a talented Data Engineer to join their team. With over 30 years of experience in developing customised solutions, this company has established itself as a leader in the industry. They have office locations in Wiesbaden, Munster, Paderborn, Nuremberg, Cologne or near Augsburg, providing flexibility on where you work. Additionally, they have a 'remote first' approach which gives you the freedom to work from home and only come into the office once a week.
This highly reputable company has won the award of 'top company to work for 2023' and boasts a 100% recommendation rate on kununu. If you're a passionate Data Engineer and want to join a dynamic team that values innovation and creativity, then look no further! Apply today to take your career to the next level.
Some of your tasks as a Data Engineer include:
* Design and develop data pipelines using cutting-edge big data and streaming tech (Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, Spark, Cloud).
* Collaborate with customer's departments and product owners to execute complex projects in an agile setting.
* Stay updated on industry trends, assessing and adopting new technologies, tools, and frameworks.
* Progression paths include roles like Solution/Data Architect, Tech Lead/Expert in emerging technologies, and potential leadership positions.
* Minimum of 2 years of professional experience with a technical degree in computer science or equivalent training.
* Proficiency in Java, Scala, or Python.
* Experience in building data pipelines using Hadoop cluster or major public cloud providers (Azure, GCP).
* Familiarity with CI/CD technologies like Docker, Jenkins, or GitLab.
* Advantageous to have knowledge of data orchestration frameworks (e.g., Apache Airflow) and basic understanding of relational databases.
* Certifications from major public cloud providers (Azure, GCP) are a plus.
* Strong interest in staying updated on IT trends and technology advancements.
* Fluent in German (minimum of C1 proficiency).
* Competitive salary with company car and bonus
* 10 training days per year - all certifications are paid for
* Any travel time and further training are working time.
* 30 days' vacation, flexitime, overtime compensation through time off or compensation
* Large network - opportunity to work with various clients
* 6 and 12 month progression plans
* Employee events
* Covering childcare costs
Interested? I would love to hear from you! Please send an updated version of your CV online.