Data Engineer - Azure
London / Remote
Salary - £50 to 60k + benefits + bonus
Large Wealth and Asset Management firm is looking for a Data Engineer to join it's new data centre of excellence.
Develop and maintain data ingestion, storage, processing and integration solutions. This includes the development and management of the Data Framework for metadata driven ingestion into the Azure Data Platform.
Remote based role with occasional travel for workshops - Candidates must be UK based
âž¢ Proven experience in some of the following:
* Azure Data Services (including Data Factory, Databricks, Synapse Analytics, Data Lake)
* Microsoft BI experience (one or more of SSAS, SSRS, Power BI and other Power Platform)
* SQL including T-SQL (Queries, views, stored procedures, functions)
* Integration and ETL design and delivery Including (SSIS, Azure Data Factory)
* Data visualisation (one or more of Tableau, QlikView, Power BI, Business Objects)
* Developing analytical use cases using Spark programming in Python and one other language (e.g. R, and Scala)
* Relational and multi-dimensional data modelling
* Operating within an IT function, including systems analysis and data analysis.
* Designing and delivering Testing including Regression, Unit, integration, and system for data solutions
* Data Quality management and root cause analysis
* Developing designs for data pipelines and data flows and data sets
* Multiple migration of code and data from legacy solutions to alternative technology
* Coaching and mentoring developer community
* Working with both Agile and Waterfall delivery methodologies.
* DevOps and associated technology (GITHub, Azure DevOps)
* NoSQL databases (e.g. Cosmos)
* Streaming analytics and real-time use cases
* Operating metadata driven data platform frameworks
Oliver James Associates was established to provide a fully comprehensive search & selection recruitment process to the financial services sector on a permanent and contract/interim basis. We can proudly say that we are one of the few genuine market leaders within these niche markets and pride our...