Deputy Manager - DOM Care
This award-winning care provider create tailor made care programmes for their clients enabling them to remain in their own home and improve their quality of life. The company ethos is simple - treat others as we would wish to be treated ourselves. They provide the highest quality care to their clients through superb Care professionals who are supported by a locally based team of operational and administrative staff.
With offices based in Swansea this franchise form part of a large Nationally represented organisation who provide additional support, systems and procedures.
This is a newly created position where you will be responsible for managing the needs of clients as well as supporting the Care Manager.
Duties will include:
* Management of clients and responsibility for their ongoing care and support
* Provide line management and contribute in setting career objectives for the team
* Undertake consultation to new clients, complete assessments and complete all new client's paperwork as required
* Carry out Care Professional appraisals, one-to-one supervision, return to work meetings, support visits and competency assessments
* Create, update and audit client care plans and assist with digital care planning
* Identifying training needs/follow ups in respect of auditing activity
* Assist Care Professionals in completing their relevant care qualification
* Maintain accurate client and Care Professional records
* Conduct client and Care Professional introductions
* Build and maintain positive relationships with potential and existing clients, their families and other professionals involved in their care
* Carry out client reviews and action accordingly
* Participate in on-call duties as required
In addition to the above you will be trained to support the Care Manager in their duties which would include:
* Full management of the client acquisition process
* Ensure successful operation of quality control systems including visits
* Reviewing and improving processes on an ongoing basis
* Managing complaints and incidents
* Ensuring relevant reports are forwarded to relevant bodies
* Networking in the local community via digital media
* Support the recruitment and training of care professionals
* Take part in disciplinary investigations, interviews and meetings as required
* Ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to by all employees
This role will suit a career driven person who is looking for a new challenge, keen to progress and work towards becoming a care manager. The successful applicant will have the following qualifications, skills and attributes:
* Level 3 NVQ in Health and Social Care or equivalent, essential
* To either be studying towards level 5 or keen to commence these studies
* Solid care sector experience delivering a wide range of personal care services at a supervisory level
* Experience working with MAR sheets and medication in a supervisory role
* Ability to nurture and train Care Professionals
* Knowledge and understanding of Health and Social Care legislation and regulations
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to build rapport quickly
* Must understand the importance of confidentiality working within current legislation
* Good IT skills including Microsoft Office and the aptitude to learn new technology/software
* Must have full driving license and means of transport if required to visit clients
* Be efficient, organised and flexible to meet the needs of the business.
It is rare to find a role at this level where a career path is on offer before you even start. Offering a good salary, excellent training and support, this role will not remain vacant for long.
For more information contact Kim Simpson at Work Wales for a confidential discussion.