Position : Design & Development Engineer
Location : Watford, Hertfordshire, Currently working from home
Salary : Up to £30000 per annum
Job Type : Permanent
The client is a Specialist Supplier of Store Fixture & Display to Global brands. Due to company rapid expansion, they are currently looking for a Design & Development Engineer to be based in their Radlett, Hertfordshire office, this position currently working from home.
To design, engineer and develop permanent display and merchandising products through to production for a group of market leading brands in DIY, construction, consumable and FMCG sectors under the direction of the Development Manager.
- The talent and expertise to generate well-engineered, well-reasoned and commercial solutions and recommendations in response to a pipeline of POP challenges.
- An obsession for deadlines and for accuracy in engineering detail with organizational skills and a hands-on attitude to production quality, prototyping and cost control. The ability to both multi-task and focus.
- Demonstrable, accurate and impressive skills in SolidWorks, inventing and producing visuals for customer presentations in order to take personal charge of projects.
- An understanding of our key manufacturing process in metal, plastics and print with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience, preferably with some knowledge of manufacturing in China.
- Great interpersonal skills, excellence in verbal and written communication and an understanding of business relationships. Education to degree level and languages preferred.
Solidworks, Design & Engineering, Design for Manufacturing, Metal, Plastics, Injection Moulding, Lighting or Printing products design.