Design Estimating Manager (Structural Pilings/Foundations)
Competitive Salary DOE + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Pension 4.25% Employee and 6% Employer + Company Car or Car Allowance + AXA Private Healthcare + Bupa Dental + Life Assurance 4x Annual Salary + Enhanced Maternity/Paternity + Product Discounts + Bike to Work Scheme + Free Tea and Coffee
Monday to Friday, 8am to 5.30pm. (Office Based, but once settled into the organisation, there is room for hybrid working).
Some Travel to Customer sites.
Design Estimating Manager required for a leading construction company specialising in piling and foundations. Offering a role with fantastic benefits and a managing/mentoring/coaching a team of passionate design engineers.
The Design Estimating Manager Role:
- Assess the suitability of incoming enquiries for estimating.
- Ensure that all estimates are prepared in line with company procedures.
- Determine optimum solutions for foundation schemes to optimise contract award potential, maximise profit and minimise our environmental impacts.
- Submit estimates within the required timescales.
- Follow up on submitted estimates.
- Prepare and issue design packs for awarded projects.
- Arrange handover of new work from the pre-construction team to the operational delivery team.
- Maintain responsibility for design changes that occur post contract award.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of all piling techniques and design standards maintaining a competitive edge in pile design and construction, liaising closely with the companies’ Engineering Director and Chief Geotechnical Engineer.
- Attend pre-construction and site/client visits with Contracts Manager/QS to ensure high standards of customer care.
- Manage, develop and mentor staff in accordance with company procedures including motivation of the team, work allocation, employee performance management, training and development, employee holidays and absence management.
The Successful Design Estimating Manager:
- Have appropriate design and estimating experience and be conversant in the design of bearing piles, tension piles, laterally loaded piles and embedded retaining walls.
- Have worked to a Senior level previously having mentored others or have worked at a supervisory or management level.
- You will hold a relevant degree relating to Geotechnical Engineer, Geology or similar.