Our client has extensive experience in manufacturing and delivering regional, national and global modular projects at all levels.
Manufacturing construction products that are suitable for all building requirements from holiday lodges to new builds, our client provides an Integrated Build System - the easy solution to faster, stronger, highly thermally efficient and airtight building.
They are looking to recruit a Design Manager with technical experience in the modular industry to create designs to client specifications for modular builds.
Design Manager job - Description
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Design Lead to work for a fast-growing innovative modular company.
As a member of the company's Technical Design team, you will be responsible for managing multi-disciplinary Technical, Design, Planning and Engineering teams, to deliver safe, sustainable, and coordinated projects to an agreed scope, programme, and budget.
Design Manager job - Key Responsibilities:
* Management of all technical services, including all technical, engineering, and architectural aspects of the business from land acquisition through to site completions and final adoptions.
* Ensure the technical team are fully resourced and well directed with a clear understanding of their own job responsibilities and that they are supported in achieving these with appropriate training and development and the organisation of the department's workload.
* Manage the pre-construction process, producing technical design solutions that maximise the potential returns from the development by ensuring all technical problems are effectively addressed.
* Ensure adherence to current regulations, identify and promote products or building practices that will cost effectively achieve these.
* Ensure timely production of working drawings, site engineering and technical details to allow the build programmes and overall strategic programmes to be met.
* Undertake the role of Principal Designer under CDM regulations ensuring that sites can be safely built and managed by the Construction team.
* Manage the provision of statutory services for the development, ensuring timely connections in line with build programmes.
* Manage the adoption of roads and sewers, ensuring timely adoption and release of bonds.
* Work effectively as part of the senior management team and take a "whole company" perspective to managing issues.
Design Manager job - Experience
An ideal candidate has experience in managing Technical department, leading multiple projects from conception to completion across varied sectors and methods of construction. He/she will also possess:
* Thorough knowledge of all aspects of modern methods of construction
* Construction qualifications desirable (RIBA, Meng, RICS etc.)
* Track record of success managing a Technical/Engineering Team
* Thorough knowledge of BOPAS and NHBC accreditations as well as fire safety etc…
* Experience being the number one Technical Lead on various modular residential, commercial, and education projects.
* Strong commercial and communication skills; liaising with clients, consultants and various pre-construction & construction teams
* Thorough knowledge of Volumetric application (schools/hospitals)
* Knowledge of Revit software
Design Manager job - previous suitable roles held: Design Engineer, Lead Designer, Senior Design Engineer, Design Manager, Design Team Leader, Principal Designer, Principal Design Engineer, Lead Design Engineer, Construction Design Manager
Please apply ASAP