Company client is working closely with an International Software business who are looking for a proven Development Manager with exceptional communication skills, working remotely anywhere within the UK, whilst being able to visit one of their offices, based in either Bedford or Poole for occasional team meetings.
Our client is looking to interview immediately and will on-board a suitable candidate ASAP.
This varied role will involve overseeing multiple teams of developers and testers who design, develop and maintain a number of my clients leading products, with a specific emphasis on usability, performance and scalability, in order to deliver high quality software on time and within budget.
Key parts of the Development Manager Role:
* Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate and develop team members to reach their optimum performance levels. Manage the recruitment of new team members.
* Work with the Product Owners to plan and execute projects ensuring that the team have the appropriate product and technical specifications, direction and resources for effective delivery.
* Collaborate with the CTO, Product Owners and Customers Solutions team to define the product vision, product roadmap and write Product Requirements and/or Technical Specifications as required
* Coordinate release and sprint planning, conducting daily stand-ups as required.
* Foster a culture of continuous improvement in all areas of technology and the software development process.
* Help instil the principle of this culture across the entire development organisation.
* Ensure that the Development Team adheres to the requirements of ISO9001, ISO27001, PCI-DSS and any future quality or security accreditations.
Provide regular progress reports and KPI metrics on progress to the CTO.
* Significant experience in delivering large scale and complex development projects as a Product Owner / Development Manager.
* Experience setting up and/or managing a delivery structure for multidisciplinary teams including project managers, product owners, developers/builders and QA/test resources.
* The ability to manage remote and disparate teams/team members is now an imperative.
* Proven experience of coaching and leading teams in Agile practices.
* Qualified expert who advocates these approaches and are able to tailor new ways of working as circumstances demand.
* You are able to prioritise your work and deliver to tight timescales, demonstrating good organisational, communication and administrative skills.
* Ability to take responsibility for your own professional development and learning and encourage others in the team to do the same.
* Experienced and proficient in using MS Office tools including Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint for proposals, reporting and presentations.
* Experience of some of the tools and libraries used by the client including Git, Gulp, Vue and the Linux command line.
* Experience of scalable cloud-based architectures.
* Knowledge of secure coding techniques, PA-DSS, PCI-DSS and ISO27001
We are looking for someone that can display excellent communication at all levels, a true team player with the flexibility to adapt and deliver the very best outcomes at all times. With a creative flair you will be leading and developing the skills of the team whilst handling multiple internal and external relationships.
There is a very competitive basic salary range available for this Development Manager role, coupled with company benefits, full ongoing support, training and genuine career opportunities you would expect from a rapidly expanding PLC.
If you have the Development Manager experience our client is looking for then apply now.