Dispatch Team Leader
£30,000 per annum
Company client who is looking to recruit a Dispatch Team Leader based in Edinburgh.
· Management and optimisation of all warehouse dispatch activities to ensure the picking, packing and distribution activities are met in a timely and efficient manner.
· Prompt and effective resolution of operational and delivery issues across the business unit and depots.
· Maintain inventory control systems for raw materials and finished goods ensuring stock is accurate and live at all times.
· Ensure productivity targets are met and maintain computerised administration, storage and retrieval systems
· Investigate to root cause any stock discrepancies, address any issues and implement corrective actions.
· Ownership and delivery to completion of assigned improvement projects aligned to delivering site objectives.
· Maintenance and timely update of data to stock control systems.
· Oversee the receipt and dispersal of materials entering or leaving area to all UK and European depots.
· People management, coaching, motivating and developing individuals and teams, with ability to address areas of concern.
· Appropriate planning and resourcing of dispatch area (including people, facilities and raw materials)
· Implements and maintains department KPIs, reviews progress and addresses areas of concern through lean approach, lean tools and problem resolution.
· Ensure compliance with external regulatory and legislative requirements (e.g. security, employee relations, Health and Safety, and driver legislation)
· Promote a positive Health and Safety and quality-oriented culture within the Dispatch