Controls Engineer (C & I Engineer / SCADA / PLC / Automation / BMS / Instrumentation)
£55,000 - £60,000 + Generous Profit Share + Expense Allowances + Benefits
Controls & Automation Engineer required with an in-depth knowledge of PLC and/or SCADA by a mid-sized business growing at 30% per year. They are in an exciting position to help companies meet their Net Zero and other carbon / emission related goals.
The Controls Engineer will design and commission new C&I systems for heat recovery projects. These projects are delivered on a turnkey basis to clients looking to reduce carbon emissions through recovering the heat lost in their operations.
This is a varied and challenging role that involves many aspects from design & development, testing, commissioning through to handover to the client on site.
The Controls Engineer role:
* Designing and developing new control systems.
* Writing complex programmes from scratch on any manufacturer’s software.
* Create library of programs used in various heat recovery product lines and improve and standardise company tools.
* Work closely with sales team and/or customers to develop SOP.
* Configure and program the Human Machine Interface (HMI), controllers and network (Modbus, BACnet, etc.) according to the established standards.
* Create control and network drawings and prepare necessary documentation for the projects and clients.
* Responsible for testing, commissioning and troubleshooting control programs and the SOP either remotely or onsite as required.
* Participate in the training of test and supporting after sales technicians with technical documents, presentations etc.
* Developing proposals for new projects.
The Senior Automation Engineer:
* Strong experience in any of the following SCADA / PLC / SQL / Automation / BMS / Electrical Controls.
* Able to write complex programmes from scratch on any manufacturers software.
* Experience in AutoCAD or other drawing software.
* Will ideally (not essential) have experience in building management systems (BMS), communication protocol (BACnet, Modbus, LonWorks, etc.) and proprietary controls (OEMCtrl, Siemens, etc.) is an asset.
* Will hold a technical degree or equivalent in electrical engineering, controls, or other related fields.