Electrical Design Engineer
£40,000 to £45,000 DOE + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Pension + Death in Service Benefit + Company Laptop and Mobile Phone + Bupa Mental Wellbeing package
Monday to Thursday, 8.15am to 5pm. Friday Early Finish, 12pm (Working hours are flexible). Hybrid working available.
Electrical Design Engineer required for a bespoke manufacturer of industrial electro-mechanical products. This position is a varied role, working between various departments within the business and liaising with customers also.
The Electrical Design Engineer Role:
- Production of Electrical Designs from customer specifications.
- Attending meetings, both in house and external.
- Creating new electrical designs based on a series of design rules.
- Assisting the sales team in costing and preparing quotations for customers.
- Direct involvement in providing support and technical knowledge where required.
- Liaising with external departments including Sales, Production, Quality, Test and Purchasing.
- To ensure the requirements of new technology are assessed and effectively utilised.
- Ensure BOM's are generated.
The Successful Electrical Design Engineer:
- Previous experience as an electrical design engineer.
- Some form of technical qualification relating to electrical engineering, preferably a degree or equivalent.
- Experience using CAD packages in both 2D and 3D, AutoCAD preferred.
- Understanding/appreciation of panel wiring, control kiosks and switchgear is required.