Strong Group are currently working with an established Water Management specialist in Hertfordshire who are actively searching for a capable Electrical & Monitoring Engineer to join them, on a permanent basis.
Key role objective for an Electrical & Monitoring Engineer:
The principal functions of this position are to carry out the preparation of 3-phase pumping equipment, environmental and geotechnical instrumentation, and monitoring equipment.
Our client offers an extensive training and development program which will commence after the completion of the probationary period.
Company Induction, initial basic training & PPE will be provided from start of employment.
Reports / Responsible to: Yard Manager (Line Manager) Senior Electrical & Monitoring Engineer (Supervisor)
Key areas of responsibility:
* Responsible for keeping the pump service and electrical preparation workshop areas clean, tidy, and well organised
* Responding to requests from co-workers to procure and prepare equipment
* Ensure all aspects of work and process are carried out in line with Health and Safety guidelines
* Liaising with SHEQ Manager to improve yard operations and facilities
* Ensure maintenance schedules are adhered to and that all plant, equipment, and material that leave the yard is clean, well presented, in good working order and to specification at all times
* Unloading and dispatch of equipment to and from site
* Cleaning, maintaining, and storing equipment and materials
Preparation, Servicing and Testing of Pumping Equipment Prior to Delivery to Site
* Prepare & test 3-phase electric pumps (typically 1 - 37kw)
* Connect pump cables using heat shrink and/or resin joints
* Cleaning, testing, and recording pumping plant returned to stores and ensure appropriate storage
* Complete calibration and commissioning tests on all pumping equipment
* Update an inventory control database to show availability and whereabouts of electrical pumping equipment
Preparation, Servicing and Testing of Monitoring Equipment Prior to Delivery to Site
* Prepare datalogger units, including ordering and assembly of component parts to suit project requirements
* Test function of dataloggers in yard environment
* Test Electronic Alarm Units and prepare connection leads
* Complete calibration tests on selected equipment
* Update an inventory control database to show availability and whereabouts of monitoring equipment
* Check functionality of instruments and sensors, including vibrating wire transducers, 4-20 mA sensors and electromagnetic flowmeters
* Ordering of signal cables for site installation
* Building of pressure/vacuum switch alarm units
To be responsible for both, own health, and safety and that of colleagues, in accordance with current construction guidance and relevant national legislation.
This list is not exhaustive, and you may be required to undertake various other duties and/or hours of work as may reasonably be required of you at your initial place of work or at any of the company's establishments or sites.
Qualifications & Experience
* Strong mechanical and electrical engineering background. - BS7671:2018 18th edition wiring regulations qualification would be highly advantageous
* Awareness of electrical and mechanical safety and hazards
* Previous experience in pump servicing advantageous
* Previous experience with control panels/systems advantageous
* Basic electronics, instrumentation, and telemetry knowledge would be highly advantageous
* Ability to use computer for email, MS word and excel
* Experience working in a workshop environment is advantageous
* Demonstrate problem solving skills and a practical mindset
A motivated and hardworking individual with a "get stuck in" attitude and ability to "turn their hand" to new equipment, and skills, is essential for this position. The position requires the candidate to have valid confirmation of right to work in the EU
* Salary: £19/hour - £39,250 pa
* 23 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays (increasing to 30+8 with service)
* Pension (Employer: 5%, Employee: 3%)
* Life Assurance @ 3X salary
* Gym Membership
* Costco Membership
* Cycle to work scheme