FINTEC recruit is seeking an Electronics Design Team Lead for our client south of Edinburgh. This is a permanent role with salary negotiable commensurate with experience, plus benefits. You will be leading a multi-disciplinary design team made up of mechanical, electronic and software design disciplines. You will also be a hands on manager, taking products from conception through to design, prototyping, testing, engineering to approvals and support
* Create project plans and technical specifications.
* Project management, setting team priorities and timescales.
* Mentoring and motivating team members.
* Electronic & embedded software design.
* Product validation including EMC, LVD, Environmental testing.
* Compliance with Quality procedures.
* Product documentation and New Product Introduction information for production.
Skills and experience required for Electronics Design Team Lead
* Electronics/Engineering degree with minimum 8 years' relevant experience including experience as team lead or design/engineering manager and proven project management skills.
* Hardware design (analogue and digital).
* Design using microcontrollers (such as PIC, STM32).
* Embedded firmware development in C.
* Good understanding of serial communications.
* Experience with CAD tools.
* Ability to work with and lead other engineering disciplines.
Nice to have:
* Experience of EMC/LVD/Environmental product testing.
* Wireless/IoT sensor design e.g. low power wireless sensors.
Full details of the Electronics Design Team Lead is available on application. To apply please submit your current CV.