FINTEC recruit is seeking an Electronics Power Supply Engineer for our engineering client based in Thurso, Caithness. This is a permanent role with competitive salary and generous relocation assistance. Our client is looking to strengthen their electronics design engineering team. Reporting to the Electronics Team Manager, you will be developing electronic systems, contributing to all phases of the product lifecycle. Working within a small multifunctional project team of electronics design, mechanical, software and qualification engineers.
* Development and design of electronic systems
* Management and protection and charging of batteries ranging between Wh to MWh in size.
* Involved in initial concept through design, development and verification as well as obsolescence management, production and through - life support.
Skills and Experience required for the Electronics Power Supply Engineer is as follows:
* Strong analogue power electronic design skills
* Degree qualified in a relevant subject
* Use of Altium software and battery management systems
* Experience of switched mode power supply design; high voltage, high-current and/or high power systems
* Power transfer and protection architectures, power conversion and AC distribution systems
* Circuit simulation and analysis
* Design for EMC (MIL-STD 461, DEF-STAN 59-411, BS EN 6100)
* Safety System Design and certification (IEC 61508, IEC 61511, ISO 26262)
* Power interrups (solid state, contractors, isolators, fusing)
* Design documentation
* Related electronic design experience (serial comms and standard bus protocols, microcontroller system design)
* System integration (Modbus, CAN, RS232, RS485, TCP /Ethernet)
Full details available on application. To apply please submit your current CV to FINTEC recruit
FINTEC recruit offers specialist recruitment support for businesses in Engineering, Technology, FinTech and financial markets, including supporting roles in procurement, business development, health and safety and quality management positions.