FINTEC recruit is seeking a Remote based Embedded Software Engineer C++ for our electronics manufacturing engineering client. This is a new role due to growth, permanent with competitive salary. The Embedded Software Engineer will support R&D and product development tasks within the software department. There will be a requirement to visit the client offices which are based in Scotland on occasions, on office visits your travel and accommodation will be arranged by the company.
* Involved in design, implementation and testing of both embedded and application software.
* Improvement of existing software and development of new features and products
* Ensure software reliability, standards, safety and security objectives are met
* Involved in the full product lifecycle including simulation, testing and bug fixing.
Skills and experience required for the C++ Software Engineer:
* Have a strong understanding of embedded realtime systems both bare metal and RTOS based
* Working knowledge of common interfaces and protocols 12C, SMBus, SPI etc
* Understanding of embedded development tool chain - debugging and problem solving
* Strong version control discipline
* A thorough understanding of circuit schematics
* Testing and automation experience desirable as is knowledge of C#, Java or Python
* Knowledge of windows application development
* C++ Embedded software experience within an R&D or product development environment
This is a UK remote based role.
Full details of the C++ Software Engineer Embedded is available on application. To apply please submit your current CV to FINTEC recruit