FINTEC recruit is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer for our electronics engineering client. This is a new role due to growth, permanent with competitive salary. The Embedded Software Engineer will support R&D and product development tasks within the software department. The role is based in Caithness region and the company offer generous relocation assistance, competitive salary.
Responsibilities for the Embedded Software role::
* Involved in design, implementation and testing of both embedded and application software.
* Improvement of existing software and development of new features and products
* Ensure software reliability, standards, safety and security objectives are met
* Involved in the full product lifecycle including simulation, testing and bug fixing.
* To ensure software reliability, standards, safety and security objectives are met.
Skills and experience required for the Embedded Software Engineer:
* Have a strong understanding of embedded realtime systems both bare metal and RTOS based
* Working knowledge of common interfaces and protocols 12C, SMBus, SPI etc
* Understanding of embedded development tool chain - debugging and problem solving
* Strong version control discipline
* A thorough understanding of circuit schematics
* Testing and automation experience desirable as is knowledge of C#, Java or Python
* Knowledge of windows application development
* C++ Embedded software experience within an R&D or product development environment
Full details of the Embedded Software Engineer is available on application. To apply please submit your current CV to FINTEC recruit
FINTEC recruit offers specialist recruitment support for businesses in Engineering, Technology, FinTech and financial markets, including supporting roles in procurement, business development, health and safety and quality management positions.