Role: External Network Security Engineer
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 5 months, with possibility of extension.
Language: Fluent English, Fluent to Intermediate German is preferred.
A leading client who are a global software provider in public transport solutions are currently seeking an external Network Engineer to support their Swiss team with a large-scale data centre migration.
* Minimum 3+ years proven experience as a Network Security Engineer or similar position.
* Strong expertise in HP, Cisco, Palo Alto, and Unify technologies.
* Proficiency in routing protocols, network design principles, and network troubleshooting.
* Hands-on experience with firewall configuration and management.
* Proven experience with VMWare is preferred - this is not a requirement.
* Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
* Availability to support the business at short-notice.
* Design, implement, and manage network security solutions using HP, Cisco, Palo Alto, and Unify technologies.
* Configure and maintain firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and other security devices.
* Conduct thorough security assessments of existing data-centre environments to identify vulnerabilities and risks.
* Design and deploy security controls, firewall configurations, and intrusion detection/prevention systems (IDS/IPS) in the new data-centre environment.
* Communicate with business stakeholders to gather and implement project requirements.
Due to the urgency of this requirement, if you are available at short-notice and interested in this position, please email your most updated CV to email@example.com today.