Facilities Mechanical Engineer
Up to £45,000 DOE + Overtime + Holiday + Cycle to Work Scheme + Life Assurance + Medicash + Company Pension + Benefits
Monday to Friday Days - 8.15 to 4.30
Facilities Mechanical Engineer required for a leading electronics manufacturing company who can offer the opportunity to work in a state of the art facility and receive a generous remuneration package. The purpose of this role is to be a lead mechanical engineer for the facilities department.
The Facilities Mechanical Engineer will oversee and manage key facilities assets. They will take responsibility for day to day management of small projects and will liaise with contractors. They will also be responsible for improvement projects, upgrades and ensuring compliance with relevant legislation.
This is a great opportunity to work in a forward thinking company offering training and progression to more senior engineering roles.
The Facilities Mechanical Engineer Role:
* Lead mechanical facilities/building maintenance overseeing mechanical aspects
* Oversee and manage key facilities assets.
* Plant equipment includes BMS systems, gas detection, compressed air, vacuum, effluent, heating and electrical systems.
* Day-to-day management of minor projects and improvement works on a live operational Semiconductor manufacturing site.
* Day to day management of contractor activities and associated works
* When required co-ordinate, supervise and deliver Facilities projects, improvements and upgrade projects from inception through to completion with focus on time, cost, quality Sustainability and energy efficiency.
* Ensure compliance with health, safety and environmental legislation.
* Assist with Facilities compliance and statutory reporting.
* Will be a hands on role when needed
The Facilities Mechanical Engineer:
* Experience of mechanical maintenance within facilities
* Will hold a minimum of an HND or equivalent level qualification (e.g. mechanical, electrical, building services or general engineering or similar).
* Technical knowledge and experience in mechanical engineering systems for cleanrooms
* Experience in the HVAC engineering industry – (with mechanical equipment such as pumps, boilers, chillers, HVAC units and compressors)
* Experience with software programs such as AutoCAD and MS Office
* Strong background in management of external contractors and compliance
* Strong project planning, coordination and integration skills with the ability to deliver on time and within budget, handling multiple projects at any given time.
* Good Knowledge of H&S compliance / risk assessment
* Good understanding of electrical systems, and safe systems of work