Factory Floor Manager - Job Specification
Our client is looking for an experienced Factory Floor Manager constructing modular units with strong leadership qualities, a good knowledge of Health & Safety and is familiar with a fast-paced manufacturing environment with strict deadlines in order to meet production schedules.
With a solid order book and further plans for growth, the position of Factory Floor Manager offers the opportunity to work for an organisation that values its employees and can offer long term stability.
The environment is a busy modular building factory in East Yorkshire.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with all aspects of a factory floor, including knowledge of stock management, employee and sub-contractor management, and inputting relevant data into a Quality Management System in order to accurately report to senior management.
Factory Floor Manager - Job Description:
* To be responsible for the locking and unlocking of the factory around working shifts, including the alarm system and lighting/electrics
* To conduct factory inductions for all new visitors and sub-contractors, to include refresher inductions if H&S policies change, in line with the Quality Management System.
* Management of all H&S aspects on the factory floor, including monitoring of correct PPE for all factory personnel, regular heavy lifting assessments and the replenishing of all First Aid items on site in conjunction with First Aiders on site. All to be recorded in line with our Quality Management System
* To conduct Toolbox Talks, selected in order to mitigate risks or situations observed and/or change of process.
* To ensure that all vehicles, machinery and tooling are checked for safe use, alongside all maintenance and servicing schedules dictated by the Quality Managements System
* Conduct a daily team briefing for all labourers relevant to the day's activities in order to focus and prioritise works and lead the team to high standard and quality works, relative to programme.
* Complete Daily Site Reports, to include the days activities, progress, works completed and upload to the Quality Management System
* Ensure demand for sub-contractors is met and ensure resource levels are maintained to deliver against the programme.
* Implement and instil good practice for factory floor cleaning and housekeeping regime, including the management and monitoring of waste disposal skips and their exchange.
* Check material deliveries against order tiers, ensuring correctness, quality and that they are on time in delivery. Reporting any delivery anomalies to the Project Manager and working together with stores to ensure sufficient stock allocation against project build.
* To ensure quality checks are undertaken at established points of the production schedule.
* Risk and mitigation reporting in aspects of manpower and materials, in line with the schedule
* Establishing a solid working relationship with the Ops Manager in order to report and communicate efficiently and accurately any findings from the factory floor in order to mitigate against failure.
* Stock management - ensuring sufficient stock allocation per build.
* Manage the factory departure for builds by engaging with sub-contractors (especially loading sub-contractors) from quoting and costings, to order and loading activities on the day.
* To be responsible for the site installation, including conducting PDI inspection in the factory, compiling Site Installation Kits, liaising with client to conduct site surveys and compiling RAMS.
* Ensuring on site H&S and PPE
* Managing Hand Over including relevant certifications once sited
* Compile and communicate full close out schedule to sub-contractors, senior management and client.
Factory Floor Manager - Essential Attributes:
* Proven leadership experience as a Production Supervisor/ Team Leader.
* Must have commercial experience working in the Modular Industry or similar background in a similar role.
* Must be deadline driven and have a history of achieving results.
* Excellent problem-solving skills and someone with the strong will to succeed.
* Excellent communicator with Operations Manager reporting all activities on the shop floor.
* Technical knowledge and understanding of construction of modular buildings and traditional building trades and methods.
* Proven experience of developing and training staff.
* Promote Continuous Improvement throughout the business.
* Must have driving licence.
Factory Floor Manager - Previous suitable job titles: Factory Manager, Factory Floor Manager, Factory Supervisor, Modular Manager, Works Manager, Factory Foreman, Production Manager
Hours: Negotiable - Salary: dependant on experience
Please apply ASAP