Field Electrical Engineer (398jc) – London – Up to £48k + Benefits
My client designs and manufactures smart home energy storage devices here in the UK and they are currently seeking to recruit an additional Field Electrical Engineer.
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO REPRESENT INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EX MILITARY.
This is an opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing areas of the internet of things: energy storage and smart grid technology. They currently have a team of 15. This is predominately a field-based role, but based from their office and manufacturing site in Hendon, North London.
They sell its storage systems either direct to homeowners and businesses or via third parties and installation and warranty work is carried out by either third party contractors or by their own team.
Your knowledge of electrical systems, troubleshooting and customer service will enable you to make a significant contribution to the growth of the company. You will have a strong appetite for problem solving and keen attention to detail, including in the area of safety and documentation. Daily you are able to organise your work in an efficient manner.
You are willing and able to carry out site surveys and install company systems into customers’ homes. You are willing to drive to customers’ homes, in transport provided by the company, to perform installations or troubleshoot known or unknown issues with existing units or provide training to 3rd Party contractors as and when required.
You are both self-motivated and happy working on your own but also enjoy being part of a team.
You will be working closely with your colleagues, and as such, you’ll be an excellent team player and a good communicator. You’ll receive flexible hours, but timeliness when the customer is involved is imperative as is always maintaining a professional appearance and manner as the Company’s representative in the customer’s home.
The role includes a certain amount of heavy lifting, so you will need to be physically fit.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified electrician with a solid technical / electrical background, preferably a time served electrician with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar post; it would be advantageous to have experience of renewable energy, technical customer service or electrical/electronic equipment maintenance.
- Good communicator, both verbal and written
- Sound knowledge of electrical systems, and compliance to health and safety, and electrical rules and regulations
- Able to represent the company in a professional manner at all times
- Position holder must be able to interface effectively with all levels of personnel both within and outside the company
- Carry out company installations and warranty work as required to the schedule agreed with the Customer Experience Manager
- From time to time undertake training for 3rd party contractors both at company’s production facility and in the field.
- Provide ongoing technical support for our 3rd party contractors. Working with the Operations Director, identify technical updates and training requirements.
- Bring back to the technical team key information from the field; you are the technical link between what is happening in the field and the Technical Team
- Work co-operatively and professionally with the Customer Experience Manager to maximise the effective use of your time and ensure company customers have a good experience
- Commit and contribute to the continuous improvement of company’s field processes – e.g. site surveys, installations, warranty
- Establish and maintain the technical standard and quality of electrical work carried out by you and 3rd party contractors
- Responsible for safeguarding unused NICEIC Forms against loss or theft and unauthorized use and ensure that results of inspection and testing are properly recorded on the appropriate prescribed forms of certification and reporting, and review and confirm the results for acceptability.
- Ensure the resultant certificates are recorded and stored on appropriate IT system and stored correctly with ease of access.
- Carry out inspections of works and all other aspects of electrical work associated with the unit
- Liaison with both competent person scheme providers and the Principal Duty Holder.
- Provide an effective response to Health and Safety issues, to ensure the safety of customers and operational staff in line with company procedures and other such legislation.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with both internal and external customers
Skills and knowledge
- As a qualified electrician, you are conversant with the Electricity at Work Regulations and BS 7671, associated guidance material as prescribed by the IET and competent person scheme providers, appropriate British Standards and other Industry Codes of Practice.
- The postholder will need to be technically competent and must hold appropriate trade qualifications as detailed below:
Required qualification level
- NVQ/SVQ Level 3 in Electrical Installation Work or City & Guilds 2360 Part 1/ 2 (A/B) or C&G 2365 or C&G 2330 or C&G 2356 and AM2
- C&G 2391-52 Level 3
- C&G 2382-18 current edition, or EAL equivalent.
- C&G 2396 or equivalent
- C&G 2372 or EAL equivalent
- C&G 2919 or EAL equivalent
- C&G 2377 or EAL equivalent
- C&G 2393 or equivalent
- IOSH, CIOB, CSCS (gold/Black), TMIET, ECS, SMSTS /SSSTS
- Practical knowledge of Health and Safety legislation.
- Fully conversant with safe systems of work, risk assessments and compliance with CDM regulations
- 3-years in the post of NICEIC (or equivalent) EQS for an Approved Contractor Scheme
- Safety systems
- Understanding of solar panels, inverters, renewable energy storage system, battery technologies
- Understanding of Power Electronics and electrical/electronic equipment maintenance
- Knowledge of 3 phase power
- Basic knowledge of renewable energy
- Basic understanding of programming concepts and techniques (desirable but not essential)
- Knowledge of internet connectivity devices and troubleshooting issues
- UK Driving license held for at least one-year with no endorsements
In return they are offering and excellent salary up to £48k, with 25 days holiday and company pension.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500, or firstname.lastname@example.org or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk